A colorful Thanksgiving Turkey. Pre-school children can be creative with this inexpensive paper plate turkey craft. Use vibrant colors for the feathers. For Older children, use this project to teach the fractions of 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8.
- Paper plate – can be done with any size plate
- Orange pipe cleaner
- Google eyes
- Paint – orange, red, yellow, black, brown (markers can also be used)
- Divide the paper plate into 4 equal sections.
- Cut out one of the sections for the head.
- Divide each of the remaining 3 sections in 1/2 again – creating 6 equal sections for the feathers.
- Paint the sections with orange, red and yellow as shown.
- Draw a black line in-between each of the sections.
- Paint an orange beak and brown crown for the turkey’s face.
- Form the pipe cleaner into 2 legs.
- Layer feather section of the paper plate, then the pipe cleaner legs then the head of the turkey, gluing them together.
- Add google eyes.