You can easily make these little decorative candy lifesaver pumpkins with any hard candy in green and orange. Cute way to decorate plain cupcakes for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
- Orange and green Lifesavers or other round hard candy
- Tin foil
- Cookie sheet
- Turn the oven on to 300F.
- Cover the cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Place the green candy in a baggie and crush up using the bottom of a heavy glass or rolling pin. Pieces should just be broken into pieces – not crushed to a powder.
- Place the orange candies on the foil lined cookie sheet and place a green ‘stem’ beside them. The green candy piece should be close enough to tough the orange candy.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until melted and orange and green pieces are attached.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the foil.
Also see Candy Wreaths.