Two templates for this printable color wheel project that will help children learn about primary and secondary colors. The suggested classroom project is to print out six pages of the unlabeled color wheel template on secondary and primary color printer paper. Each of six children can cut apart the triangles. Using the labeled color wheel template, each child can match one of the primary or secondary colors that were cut apart and glue them to the labeled template.
- Print out the unlabeled color wheel template on yellow, red, blue, green, purple and orange paper.
- Cut the six sections apart for each of the colors.
- An optional step here is to cut apart the labeled color wheel circle and glue it to the center of a paper plate.
- Have students take one of each of the colors and glue it on a labeled color wheel template.
- Instead of printing on colored printer paper, children can cut the primary and secondary colors out of construction paper, use paint, crayons or markers.