Combine ingredients to create an ocean in a bottle craft – also called an Ocean Wave.
- Classroom Science experiment
- Scouting Project
- Bible Story Theme
- Rubbing alcohol
- Mineral oil
- Blue food coloring
- Water bottle
- Hot glue
- Additional items: 1 t. glitter, small sea creatures (star fish, shells)
- Fill half of the bottle with rubbing alcohol.
- Put two to three drops of food coloring into the bottle and shake.
- Fill remainder of the bottle with mineral oil.
- Put top on and seal with white glue, seal again with the hot glue.
- Do not Shake. Hold bottle horizontally until clear, then raise and lower ends to create waves.