Mini Turkey Craft
Another easy preschool Thanksgiving craft for kids. Use 1/4 of a coffee filter to make these cute little Thanksgiving Turkeys. Apply a magnate for a refrig decoration or decorate a classroom bulletin board.
- Brown construction paper or brown paper bag
- Small scraps of construction paper for the beak and gobbler (yellow and red)
- Coffee filter – 1/4 per turkey
- 2-white paper hole protectors
- Black marker
- Washable markers
- Craft glue
- Coffee filter
- Small magnets
- White printer paper
- Turkey Template – 6 will print per page.
- Cut each coffee filter into quarters (adults)
- Fold the 1/4 coffee filter in half then half again then with scissors trim the edge to either a rounded shape or pinted shape.
- Unfold the coffee filter and place on newspaper to decorate with the washable markers.
- Once colored in, spritz with the water until the colors run together. Set aside and allow time to dry.
- Print out and then cut out the Turkey Template.
- Trace the turkey template on to the brown construction paper or paper bag and cut out.
- Decorate the face of the turkey with a beak and gobbler cut from the construction paper scraps.
- Use the 2 white hole protectors as eyes and fill in the circle with the black marker.
- Use either another hole protector (cut in half and colored orange) or triangles of orange paper for the turkey’s feet.
- Glue the 1/4 section of colored and dried coffee filter to the back of the turkey.
Tagged with: thanksgiving turkey craft turkey