BFF can share their talent and personality by creating Hanging Friendship Hearts. A fun way to let friends know ‘I’ve got your back.’ Hearts can be hung in lockers, at home or any special place. Each child selects a paper design for their heart and cuts out a heart for each friend then. This works best for a group of 2 – 4 friends .
- Printer paper
- Scrapbook paper or heavy wrapping paper – something different for each child
- Yarn – about 14 – 16″ for each child
- Craft glue
- Craft glue
- Printable Heart Template
- After printing out the Heart Template on white printer paper, fold the paper in half so that the heart is folded along the gray line. While folded, cut the heart shape out. Accuracy counts here since each heart will need to match up with the others.
- Fold the decorative paper in half (so that the design is on the inside of the fold) and slide the folded printer paper heart over the fold. Trace the heart on the decorative paper and cut out. Each child cut out one heart for each or his or her friends.
- Each friend then shares a heart of their design with the other friends.
- For each Hanging Friendship Heart: Place a line of glue along the back of one of the hearts and attach the length of yarn.
- Place glue on 1/2 of the back of the heart and attach it to the back of a second folded heart. Continue with the rest of the hearts until the last heart is glued to the first heart.
- Note: This can also be done with the smaller Heart Template.