A silly turkey to top your Thanksgiving Table. A simple semi-circle of brown construction paper and half of a colored coffee filter – add a beak, gobbler and some googly eyes for a colorful Coffee Filter Turkey.
- Brown construction paper – you should be able to get at least 2 turkeys from one sheet of paper.
- Small scraps of construction paper for the beak and gobbler (yellow and red)
- Google eyes
- Coffee filter – 1/2 per turkey
- Washable markers
- Scotch tape
- Craft glue
- White printer paper
- Turkey template
- Fold the coffee filter in 1/8’s – which is half, then half again (1/4) the half again (1/8). This is a good math lesson for older children that are learning about fractions.
- With scissors, trim the loose ends of the coffee filter so that you have what would look like a diamond shape.
- Unfold the coffee filter and cut in half.
- Place the coffee filter on a newspaper and decorate with the washable markers. Once colored in, spritz with the water until the colors run together. Set aside and allow time to dry.
- Print out and then cut out the Turkey template – cutting on the black lines.
- Trace the turkey template on to the brown construction paper and cut out.
- Decorate the face of the turkey with a beak and gobbler cut from the construction paper scraps and add google eyes.
- Curl the semi-circle and tape the two flat sides together to form a cone shaped turkey.
- Insert the half of the coffee filter into the slits that were cut on the sides of the turkey so that the coffee filter stands up like feathers.