Use Mardi Gras beads of blue and silver to create this unique Star of David. The star is attached to a clear plastic lid and can be hung in a window as a suncatcher or to decorate for the holiday.
- PDF for the Star of David Template. This printout has 4 different sizes of stars.
- Craft glue
- Blue and silver Mardi Gras beads
- Clear plastic lid. For this example, I used the lid from a 32 oz yogurt container.
- Select and print out the PDF for the Star of David Template.
- Select the star that best matches the size of the clear plastic lid that you are using.
- Cut the blue Mardi Gras beads to match the length of one of the triangle sides. Repeat this for the other two sides.
- With the clear plastic lid positioned over one of the stars on the printout, trace one of the triangles using a line of glue.
- Attach the 3 cut pieces of Mardi Gras beads.
- The rest of the star will use shorter sections of beads. Note that the bead strands do not bend and will therefore need to be cut for each section of the star.
- Once again trace the remainder of the star’s outline with the glue and attach the cut sections of beads.
- Add a line of glue along the edge of the plastic lid and attach the silver beads.
- Allow to dry.
- Make a small snip at one section of the edge of the lid and add a short section of silver beads to create a hanger for the Star of David Craft.
More Hanukkah Activities for Kids:
Do you like this craft? Post your comments below.