Get into the spirit of Mardi Gras this year with an easy to make Jester Collar. Use for kids or adults and instructions include a Jester Collar pattern.
- Paper in 2 colors
- Gold foil paper (I used a party bag from the Dollar Tree
- Craft glue
- Jester Collar Pattern
- Either print the Jester Collar pattern on white printer paper or one of the colors that you will be using for the collar. In this example I used green printer paper.
- Cut out the semi-circle for the collar base. If you with to make a full circle collar then cut two of the semi-circles out and tape together or use a larger paper (such as a brown paper bag) and use the pattern on the fold of the paper.
- Staple a section of ribbon to each end of the collar for the tie.
- Trace and cut out the pinted tab three times from each of the two colors then cut one of the pieces in half as shown.
- Glue the tabs onto the semi-circle collar base where indicated. *Note: Depending on the weight of the paper you are using, you may want to use a diluted solution of glue and water and dab on the base collar with a brush.
- Cut out seven small circles from the gold foil paper and glue to the ends of the points.