A cute classic craft for kids that has been around for generations, a yarn weather monitor – long before cell phones and weather apps. A silly printable saying that pretty much points out the obvious 🙂 Kids will have fun braiding the yarn and using this clever little craft as a gift for grandma or grandpa.
- PDF for the Printable Weather Monitor Card. Note: Three cards will print per page.
- Red, green and white yarn
- Hole punch
- Printer paper, though card stock white paper works best
- Select and print out the PDF for the Printable Weather Monitor Card.
- Cut apart the three cards and punch a hole in the top left corner of each card.
- You can make the yarn braid any size you wish for this craft. In this example, I used 30 pieces for yarn for each of the three colors. The yarn pieces were 15″ long and created an 8″ braid
- Once the yarn is braided, tie off each end with another piece of yarn and attach the card.
Do you like this craft? Post your comments below.