- Tulle – I used two different colors tulle for this example.
- Plastic headbands – inexpensive dollar store type work well (I purchased 8 in a package)
- Cut the tulle into sections that are around 6″ by 9″. For this example, I used 6 pieces of purple and 5 pieces of green.
- Bunch the tulle together and fold in half then lay it over the headband.
- Take the cut edges and loop under the headband, feeding the cut edges through the loop that is created from the fold. Pull to tighten and move it into place.
- Repeat for each piece of tulle that you are using.
I found that when I was doing this some of the pieces were a little longer than the others. Perhaps I didn’t have an exact cut or else the knot was made a little tighter. If this happens to you, you can just trim the pieces of tulle to your desired length. Another option: Instead of cutting it evenly all the way around, leave it a little longer in the center to create more of a peaked crown look.