Helpful items for a Road Trip with Kids
Long hours in the car is tough for little ones with short attention spans. Here are 11 items you should always pack for a road trip.
- Frisbee – Great for some quick exercise when making a stop. A clean Frisbee also makes a great plate when eating fast food in the car.
- Plastic boxes – One for each child, to hold their supplies – the lid makes a great desk or a table top for food.
- Clean water – Several bottles of water work best for drinking, a quick wash up, cleaning a scrape and so on.
- Lightweight blanket – Small child’s blanket for cuddling with at nap time. Also great for a chilly restaurant.
- Paper towels – Keep a roll in the car – use a large rubber band to keep it from unraveling. A must have for quick clean ups.
- Snacks – Saltines, goldfish crackers – any kind of lightly salted dry cracker. Hard candy, such as life savers or tick tacks.
- Compass – Fun for the kids if they want to help navigate.
- Trash bags – for storing laundry, wet items or just for trash.
- Book lights – or small flash lights for night-time trips.
- Car Games– a listing of easy games to play in the car, including some printable games to bring with.
- Vacation Memories – a fun way for kids to write about the places they stopped at during their vacation.