Travel Necessities when You Travel with Kids
Listed below are 16 Items you might not think of that can come in handy when traveling with kids.
- Crayons, mechanical pencils, highlighter (works the best for word search printouts.)
- Paper, game printouts. Each child can keep their own papers organized in a small 1″ three ring binder.
- Deck of cards. Be sure to bring a zip lock baggie to store the cards in. Also a travel soap box works well for storing cards.
- Band-Aids – carry a few in your wallet, they can be a life saver for an uncomfortable shoe is encountered.
- Antiseptic hand gel or pre-packaged hand wipes
- Folded tissues and/or napkins stored in a baggie. They will stay much cleaner and more organized this way.
- Sun screen, chap stick, insect repellent – depending on where your day takes you.
- Zip lock bags – so many uses; collecting shells, wet clothes, keeping phones dry during a rain storm, storing leftover food or snacks….
- Always keep a good clear photo of your child on your phone, just in case you get separated from them in a crowed area.
- A rubber door stop can provide extra level of security for a hotel room door
- Small plug-in nightlight – to help find the bathroom in the middle of the night. Some children might also like to have a mini flashlight nearby in case they get frightened or confused in the darkness.
- Multi-plug socket – by keeping all rechargeable items in one place, you’ll have less chance of forgetting a device or charging cord.
- Sun glasses, hats and/or visors
- Light weight wind breaker
- Umbrella, rain poncho
- Extra copy of birth certificates, photo id, travel reservations, airline tickets