- Print out the Pleated flowers pattern on either white or colored printer paper. Note: you can use white paper and children can color the flowers with crayons or markers.
- Starting with the shorter side of the green construction paper, fold pleats accordion style about 3/4 – 1″ apart. Continue until the entire paper has been folded.
Fold the pattern in half, vertically so that the print is visible from the outside.
- Fold the pleated paper in half. With the paper folded, hold all the loose ends together and make a 1″ angled cut.
- Take the center of the folded paper and tape the two loose pieces together to make a semi-circle of pleated paper.
- Cut out the flowers. It might be easier for children to fold the flowers in half and then cut out.
- Make folds in the flowers so that there is a tab in the back. Glue the flowers together where the folded sections meet.
- Glue the tab on the back of the flowers to the folds in the green pleated paper.
- Attach circles to the inside of the daises. In this example I also attached a sequined butterfly.
Tagged with: flowers