Easy to create springtime scene of green trees and colorful flower blossoms. Great for younger children but can be expanded for older children. Can be done with paints instead of tissue paper.
Materials needed for Spring Tissue Paper Blossom Tree:
- White Paper
- Craft glue
- Colorful Tissue Paper in spring colors- greens, blues, pinks, yellows
- Brown Crayons or brown paper bags or brown construction paper
- Green crayons or Easter Grass
- Tree Template
Directions for Spring Tissue Paper Blossom Tree:
- Print out the Tree Template on white paper.
- Have children color in the tree on the print out with crayons – or – Cut out tree template and trace it onto brown paper and cut it out and glue onto white or blue paper.
- Cut tissue paper into small squares (1”x1” recommended- exactness not necessary) or give tissue paper to children and have them cut or tear pieces for leaves and flowers at their own desire.
- Show children how to crumple the paper into little balls.
- Taking either crumpled up tissue paper or squares of cut/torn paper pieces apply little dots of glue on the tree branches and stick the tissue paper onto the tree.
- Use Green crayons to color grass under tree or cut up Easter Grass and glue under tree for Spring time grass along the bottom of the page.
- Have children color the tree trunk and branches.
- Give each child a selection of the tissue paper and have them tear apart
small sections for the leaves. Note: Tissue can be cut into
small squares beforehand and given to the children.
- Put dots of glue around the base of the tree and throughout the
- Attach small sections of the tissue to the spots of glue.
- Instead of using tissue paper, children can dip their finger into
spring colors of finger paint and dot the tree branches for
‘leaves and flowers.’