Kids love the adorable Sesame Street Characters and it is a fun way to have a birthday party for a younger child. Below are some ideas to get you started with a Sesame Street Birthday Party theme.
Sesame Street Birthday Party Ideas:
- Create Custom Banners to use at the party. Several shapes to choose from – enter any letters or symbols that you choose. Decorate with Sesame Street Stickers.
- Use primary colors of red, yellow and blue for paper plates, cups and napkins.
- Balloons and streamers in red, yellow, blue, green and orange – any bright colors will work.
- Dorothy’s Punch – Fill a large fish bowl filled with blue cool-aid. Attach a sticker of a goldfish or draw one on the outside of the bowl.
- Goldfish Snacks – Cal also be served in a small plastic fish bowl. Scoop into small individual plastic cups for serving.
- Individual juice bags/boxes for younger children – that way there will be less spilling.
- Colorful Party Cups filled with mini chocolate chip cookies or other treats.
- Cupcakes – individual cupcakes always work well for younger children. See below for some creative ideas. For a simple and easy way to decorate cupcakes with a Sesame Street theme, use white frosting then add colorful M&M’s to the top – perfect Sesame Street colors!
- Help Elmo find Dorothy – Hide a goldfish in a large bowl of blue dyed rice or salt or some other variation. Hide other small plastic toys in there. Blind fold each child and have them pick a toy from the rice.
- Cookie Count – Help Count Von Count Count the Cookies in the jar before the Cookie Monster eats them! Have a clear (glass or plastic) jar of cookies. Each child writes down a guess of how many cookies are in the jar. Closest guess wins! But in the end, all win- each child gets a cookie!
- Oscar’s Trash Toss – Set a medium sized trash can about 4 ft from the start line. Have the children line up behind the start line. When it is their turn, give each child 3 – 4 pieces of crumpled up newspaper and give them a chance to toss the trash into the garbage can. Whoever gets the most paper in the trash is the winner.
- Printable Sesame Street Word Search – print a page for each guest.
- Visit PBS for a great selection of printable Sesame Street coloring pages to print out.
- Traditional games for any birthday party, 12 Easy Games for Kid’s Parties.
- Make mini coloring books from the PBS Sesame Street Page and add a small package of crayons.
- Use the Sesame Street Goodie Bag Thank You Note to create a message to attach to your goodie bags.
- Plastic buckets in bright primary colors that filled with treats.
- Large swirl lollypops.
- Individual boxes of Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Sesame Street Birthday Party Ideas from other Bloggers:
- Preview the DIY birthday party ideas that others have posted. See below. Be sure to leave happy comments if you like the party idea:)
- Do you have decorating ideas, party foods, games and ideas share? Help out other mom’s with your creative, fun ideas.