Recycled CD Snowman Craft
Another fun way to recycle an old CD (music, movie or computer). A shimmering outdoor scene is created with the shiny side of a CD for this holiday snowman craft for kids. Cut either two or three circles for the snowman, just be sure they are large enough to cover the center hole of the CD. Attach a magnet and use to decorate the refrigerator or attach a string to the back for a shining Christmas ornament.
- White, black and orange construction
- Google eyes
- Sequins or buttons
- Scrap of holiday ribbon
- Black marker
- Glitter glue
- Recycled computer or music CD
- Craft glue
- Start by cutting out three circles – each one just slightly smaller than the last.
- With a few dots of glue, attach the bottom circle first then the center one, slightly overlapping.
- Add a small section of holiday ribbon then the smallest circle for the head.
- A small triangle is glued in place for the nose and a black top-hat for the snowman.
- Finish off the face with a few dots from the black marker for the mouth and two google eyes.
- For the buttons, use sequins, small buttons or red marker.
- Dot around the the CD with the glitter glue for a snowfall effect.
- Tips: If any excess glue gets on the CD, just wipe away with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.
Tagged with: christmas tree recycled cd snowman