A great way to display vacation photos with a frame decorated from a recycled map from your travels. Fun gift idea for Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa.
- Piece of thin cardboard or heavy card stock
- large frame template
- Print out the large frame template and cut it out.
- Trace the frame template onto a piece of light-weight cardboard or card-stock paper and and cut it out. Also, be sure to cut out the center where the photo will go. **Note the center rectangle can be adjusted to fit whatever size photo you would like to use.
- Cut out a section of the map that measures 6 1/2″ by 7 /1/4″ (the size of the frame without the base.)
- Place glue on the retgangle portion of the frame – do not put glue on the bottom portion tht will be used for the stand. **Note that the center section of the map has not been cut out yet.
- Apply the frame with glue to the back part of the map section.
- Once the map is attached to the cardboard, cut out the center section of the frame by either making diagonal cuts or cutting along the interior lines. If making the diagonal cuts, fold the 4 triangle pieces to the back of the frame and glue in place.
- Fold the base of the frame along the dotted lines and use tape to hold the two ends together (where it is noted to attach). This will create a triangle that should support the frame, allowing it to stand on it’s own.
Great gifting idea for Father’s Day.