Great classroom tool for teaching math functions including fractions and shapes. Use the printable tangram to create designs and puzzles.
- Heavy weight paper. Construction paper or cardstock paper can also be used. Try using 7 different colors of paper so that each child has a colorful tangram puzzle to wok on – see suggestions listed below.
- Printable Tangram Puzzle.
- Print the templates for Printable Tangram Puzzle.
- Cut the sections apart.
- Create designs from the puzzle pieces.
- Since the tangram puzzle is seven pieces, use seven different colors of paper when printing multiple puzzles. Give each child one puzzle to cut apart and then have them swap with others so that each child will have a puzzle that has seven different color pieces. Be sure that the children swap evenly shaped pieces with each other.
- Printable tangrams are an excellent learning tool for children preschool age and up. By manipulating tangrams, visual-spatial powers of the mind are stimulated. In addition to the creative side of tangrams, many mathematical concepts are taught including: symmetry, area, perimeter and geometric shapes.
- Tangram puzzles are also a fun classroom project for celebrating the Chinese New Year.