Two sizes of mice that kids can create with colorful paper. Use printer paper to print them out then either trace onto other printed paper of just use the colored printer paper. This paper mouse cone is a fun craft to go along with your favorite book about mice, like my favorite, “If You Give A Mouse A cookie”.
- Print out the Printable Mouse Pattern prints 2 large) or Printable Mouse Pattern(prints 1 large, 1 small) on either white or colored printer paper. If the pattern is printed on the white paper, then cut out and trace it onto colored construction construction paper.
- Punch holes for the ears and tail where shown. Another option is to use paper ears which are included on the printouts and glue them on where indicated.
- Add eyes for the mouse, using either google eyes or black marker. White hole reinforcements can also be added for the eyes.
- Take about a 2″ section of a chenille stem for each of the ears, curl it to make a loop and then twist the ends together. Insert the twisted ends into the punched hole and bend them in place. Secure the twisted end with a piece of tape.
- Curl the paper so that a cone is formed by joining the two flat sides. Overlap the ends slightly and tape them together.
- Take the last section of chenille stem and make a tail for the mouse, by taping it in place at the base of the paper mouse cone.