Carmen & Apple Monkey Bread
For this example, I used a 10 count package of Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (net wt 7.5 oz).
Author: Theresa Johnston
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Package of refrigerator biscuits
- ¼ C carrot cake mix or spice cake mix
- 2 T butter or margarine
- ½ Apple
- 2 T golden raisins
- 3 squares of Carmel candy
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut each biscuits into 9 pieces (two snips in each direction - think tic tac toe).
- Peal and core the apple then chop into small pieces.
- Place the cut up biscuits, chopped apple and raisins on a plate. Separate the items so that they are in a single layer.
- Put ¼ cup of the cake mix into a gallon size baggie.
- Microwave the butter or margarine in a glass cup for about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the items on the plate to coat. Do not completely empty all the butter out of the cup.
- Taking a small section of the items at a time, add to the bag with the cake mix and lightly toss.
- Take the items from the bag and start filling the cupcake pan. Each section should only be about ½ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the Monkey Bread is baking, add the 3 squares of Carmel candy to the cup that contained the melted butter and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the melted candy/butter mixture over the tops of the Monkey Bread and bake an additional 5 - 10 minutes