An easy way to dress up a small recycled glass jar – by adding some colorful Mardi Gras beads. For best results, you will want to use a glue gun to attach the beads. This is great activity for older children or as a family project – with parents supervising. Cute craft as a decorated, mini beaded vase for Valentine’s day or Mother’s Day. Great for fresh cut flowers or on the desk to hold pencils and pens.
- Colorful beads
- Recycled glass jar – For this example, I used a small chicken bouillon cube jar.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Clean out the recycled jar and remove any label.
- To measure the length of beads needed, wrap a single strand around the jar and cut to the desired length.
- Using a jar that had a screw top lid actually makes this craft a little easier, as you have a stopping point for the glue and a defined area for the beads. Apply the hot glue to the top part of the glass jar.
- Immediately wrap the beads around the jar so that they adhere to the soft glue.