- Pencil or pen.
- 2″ Clear packing tape
- Map or decorative paper
- Luggage Tag template
- Print the Luggage Tag template and cut it out. Additional trimming will be done later, so just the basic outline without the semi-circle indents will be fine at this point.
- Find a nice section of the recycled map to use. Turn the luggage tag template face down on the map and trace it onto the map then cut the map out.
- Fill in the Name and Phone section on the template. It is not recommended that too much personal information about a child be used.
- Lightly glue the section of map (desired map section showing) to the luggage tag template (name portion showing). Allow the tag to dry.
- Roll out about 10″ of the 2″ packing tape.
- Carefully place one side of the luggage tag to the tape.
- Cut a second section of tape and adhere to the other side of the tag.
- Now that the front and back of the luggage tag are together, do a more accurate job of trimming the tag, including the 2 semi-circle parts and the opening for the tag to loop through.
- Hint: Gently fold the tag in the area of the opening and make a small cut with the scissors. Once you have a starting place, cut around the lines. The circle portion can have little snips from the center to the lines for easier cutting.
Two separate tags are shown here – one representing the front, the other representing the back.
Loop one tag around the handle of your luggage inserting the squared end through
the opening on the rounded end.