Use green and red hard candies to make these little holiday wreaths. Not a project for younger children since you will need to melt the candy in the over. The finished little wreath is rather delicate but can make a nice holiday decoration for a cake or for cupcakes.
- Green and red Lifesavers or other hard candy
- Tin foil
- Cookie sheet
- Pre-heat the oven to 300F.
- Cover the cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Place the green candy in a baggie and crush up using the bottom of a heavy glass or rolling pin. Pieces should just be broken into pieces – not crushed to a powder.
- Place the red candy in another baggie and crush up the same way.
- Place the green candies in a circle on the foil. The pieces should touch and even overlap. Don’t be too skimpy here, otherwise the wreath will be too thin and break.
- Dot the wreath with the red candies.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the candies are melted together and all the pieces are attached.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the foil.
Also see Candy Pumpkins.