Decorate your refrigerator with these cute little Indian Corn Magnets. Printable template shape for the Indian Corn – in two sizes. One prints eight per page, the other prints six per page. For best results use card stock paper for printing, or have the children trace the Indian Corn template onto light-weight cardboard.
- Print out the Indian Corn (6 / page) or Indian Corn (8 / page). For this example I used the smaller size Indian Corn template on yellow card-stock printer paper.
- Have the children cut the shapes apart.
- Attach a small magnet and have the children write their names to the back of the Indian Corn shape.
- Apply glue and attach colored popcorn. Directions for How to Color Popcorn Kernels.
- Use small sections of yarn or fabric threads for the silk. In this example, I used threads pulled from a section of burlap fabric.
- Give each child a small section of a brown paper bag that they can tear to create the husks for the Indian Corn.
- Allow to dry completely before sending this project home.