The story of the Gingerbread Man is a holiday classic. This cute craft is a fun way for children to make a gingerbread family or friends, adding a little imagination and creativity for each unique person. With the free, printable gingerbread man pattern it is an easy enough craft for a classroom decoration or for your home. Have children decorate a gingerbread man, woman or child as themselves or they can create one for each member of the family. Use sequences, beads, ribbon or whatever else you have on hand. By putting a small cut where indicated on the hands, the gingerbread family can be attached to create a decorative garland.
- Printable PDF for the Gingerbread Man Template.
- Craft glue
- Items for decorating the gingerbread family
- Holiday ribbon
- Printer paper, brown card stock paper, brown fun foam or brown paper bag
- Select and print out the PDF for the Gingerbread Man Template.
- Either print directly on brown card-stock paper or use regular printer paper.
- Cut out the template (from regular printer paper) and trace onto brown fun foam, construction paper or a paper bag.
- Be creative and have fun decorating each gingerbread person for family and friends.
- Make a small cut where indicated on the template and thread the gingerbread family together with holiday ribbon.
For more fun, add a Gingerbread Ugly Sweater.