Family Pumpkin Patch Craft
Preschool children will love to create a pumpkin patch for their family. Use a cut carrot as a stamp for the pumpkins. When the carrot is cut into sections, there will be many different sized circles. Children will have fun selecting a size of ‘carrot stamp’ that would be the right size for each family member. Larger sizes for mom and dad, medium size for the twins, small circle for the baby to create this Pumpkin Patch Craft.
- Large carrot
- Green yarn
- Craft glue
- Orange paint
- Paper plate to spread the paint
- Pumpkin Patch Printout
- ADULTS only – using a sharp knife, slice the carrot into about 6 pieces. Make the surface of each cut as clean and flat as possible.
- Select the Pumpkin Patch Printout and print as many as needed. This printable prints two per page. Cut apart in the center of the page.
- Cut the yarn into 6″ sections for each child.
- Have children apply a line of glue along the light gray line on the printout. Before the glue dries, add the green yarn. NOTE: Instead of yarn, children can also trace the line with a green crayon.
- Add a small amount of orange paint to a paper plate.
- Have children select different sized of carrot for their family members.
- Rub one end of the carrot into the orange paint then stamp it on to the printout, somewhat near the green vine.
- When the paint has dried, the teacher can write in the family member’s names.
Tagged with: carrot stamp family pumpkin