Easter Cross Craft
A decorative cross to celebrate the Risen Christ on Easter Sunday. Be creative with this Easter Cross craft by letting children pick the materials they want to create this dimensional craft. Below are examples of what can be used.
- Plastic lid – I used the clear lid from a large yogurt container
- Black or brown chenille stem – only half is needed
- Yellow cupcake paper – 1/2
- Gold glitter
- Blue paper
- Green crepe paper
- Craft glue
- Gold Mard Gras beads
- Start with a blue circle that will fit inside the plastic lid that you are using.
- Find a material that works for the grass. A semi-circle of green crepe paper was used in this example. Other options might be green yarn or construction paper.
- Attach half of a yellow cupcake paper for the sun. Decorate with a little glue and gold sparkles. Finish the glow by affixing a section of gold mardi-gras beads around the sun.
- Once the colors and textures have been layered, construct a cross from 1/2 of a chenille stem. Cut the section of stem in half and take one section and twist it around the other so that a cross is formed. Glue in place.
- An additional section of gold mardi-gras beads can be used as a hanger for the Easter Cross, or attach a magnet to the back.
Tagged with: cross crucifix sunrise vbs crafts