- Have the children use their markers to draw a line for each color of the rainbow. Leave a little white space between each line.
- Lay out newspaper on a clean work surface.
- Place the coffee filter on the newspaper and spritz with water or vinegar (or a combination of the two) until it is saturated and the colors are running together.
- Allow the coffee filters to dry completely.
- Select the Pot of Gold template to print. There are several St. Patrick’s Day images on this page, but only use the large pot of gold.
- For this example, I traced the pot of gold on to black construction paper then cut it out. I did not include the coins from the picture. Other options might be to have children color in the pot of gold with a black crayon or marker.
- Glue the black pot of gold to the white paper near the bottom of the page.
- With a hole punch, punch out the gold paper and attach the gold ‘coins’ to the paper with the glue. Instead of gold paper, I used a foil gift bag with a holographic design from the Dollar Tree – this gave a nice dimensional look for the coins.
- Cut out the section of the coffee filter with the rainbow colors and attach to the top of the white paper.
Tagged with: rainbow