Clothespin Flower Magnets
Use felt, craft foam or even card stock paper for these colorful refrigerator magnets. Flower magnets are easy for children to create. To keep the mess to a minimum, use a green marker to color the clothespin instead of paint which also requires extra drying time. There are two different flower templates that you can use.
- Wooden clothes pins
- Craft foam
- Sequins, yarn, dental floss, thin wire (depending on which critters you are creating)
- Printer paper
- Flower stencil #1 or Flower stencil #2
- With a green marker, color the clothespin.
- Print out the flower templates and cut them out.
- Trace the flowers and leaves on the fun foam and then cut them out.
- If you choose, you can draw a few lines on the leaves to give them a little more definition.
- Glue a magnet to one flat side of the clothespin.
- On the other side, glue the flower (at the open end of the clothespin).
- Glue the leaf near the center of the clothespin – place it in the center to cover up the metal clasp.
- For a little more decoration, glue a sequin to the center of the flower.
Tagged with: clothespin crafts flowers refrigerator magnets