Clothespin Crafts – Fridge Critters
A perfect rainy day activity for kids! Pull out the craft foam and a few clothespins to create some fun fridge critters. Use the template that is provided or make up your own creations. Print out on plain printer paper, then cut the pieces apart and trace onto the craft foam. For the circles on the caterpillar and lady bug, I found it was easier to trace around the lid of a water bottle instead of the circles provided.
- Wooden clothespins
- Markers or paint
- Craft foam
- Google eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Sequins, yarn, dental floss, thin wire (depending on which critters you are creating)
- Fridge Critters Template
- Dog: Use a brown marker to color the clothespin. Use brown craft foam for the face and ears and a brown pipe cleaner for the tail. Cut a snip of black pipe cleaner for the nose, use 2 google eyes and a black marker for the whiskers.
- Mouse: Use a gray marker to color the clothespin. Gray craft foam for the face and gray pipe cleaner for the tail. Pink craft foam for the ears and yellow for the cheese (use a hole punch on the cheese). A few snips of white dental floss dipped in glue (allow to dry) for the whiskers. A snip of black pipe cleaner for the nose, use 2 google eyes.
- Cat: Use an orange marker to color the clothes pin. Orange craft foam for the face and orange pipe cleaner for the tail. A snip of brown pipe cleaner for the nose and use 2 google eyes. A few snips of white dental floss dipped in glue (allow to dry) for the whiskers. Knot up the end of a piece of yarn to attach near the cat’s tail – once dry, wind the yarn around the clothes pin and attach to the cat’s mouth.
- Ladybug: Green marker can be used to color the clothespin. Green craft foam for the leaf, red for the lady bug’s body and black for the head. Two google eyes and a few flower sequences.
- Caterpillar: Green marker can be used to color the clothespin.Use different shades of green craft foam for the body circles. Google eyes and thin wire for the antennae. Use a black pen for the mouth.
- Attach a small magnet to the back of the clothes pins.
Tagged with: cat crafts caterpillar crafts dog crafts ladybug crafts mouse crafts refrigerator magnets