You can’t go wrong with a Circus Party! It’s always a favorite theme for younger children. Use bright colors and simple shapes to make this theme easy to put together on a budget. Set up play stations for the kids where they can win tickets for prizes. At the end of the party let them use their winnings to select prizes which double as goodie bags. Another option would be to give out small prizes and candy throughout the party – provide each child with a little bag or basket to carry their prizes.
Circus Party Ideas from Activities for Kids:
- Create Custom Banners to use at the party. Several shapes to choose from – enter any letters or symbols that you choose.
- Balloons, balloons and more balloons for decorating!
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- Hotdog Rollups
- Individual juice bags/boxes, or a lemonade stand (depending on the age of the children.)
- Individual bags of chips. Another alternative to this is to set out bowls of chips and pretzels. Provide small cups so that children can select their favorite snack or mix several together.
- Colorful Party Cups filled with popcorn or other treats.
- Cupcakes – individual cupcakes always work well for outside parties. Set up a cupcake decorating booth and allow the children to decorate their own cupcakes.
GAMES & ACTIVITIES:
- Duck Pond: Fill a tub or small wading pool with water. Mark about 1/3 of the rubber ducks with a star or some symbol to designate a winning duck. Give out small prizes or tokens to be used at a prize booth if a winning duck is selected. Where to find Birthday Party Rubber Ducks.
- Face painting hire someone or DYI – Face painting kits available online.
- Traditional games for any birthday party, 12 Easy Games for Kid’s Parties.
- Winnings from circus / carnival games.
- Large swirl lollypops.
- Individual boxes of Animal Crackers.
- Use the plastic popcorn buckets that you get at the Dollar Tree (2 for $1.00) and fill with treats and surprises.
Circus Party Ideas from other Bloggers:
- Preview the DIY birthday party ideas that others have posted. See below. Be sure to leave happy comments if you like the party idea:)
- Do you have decorating ideas, party foods, games and ideas share? Help out other mom’s with your creative, fun ideas.