It takes just a few minutes to assemble the ingredients for this microwavable chocolate cake – mix all ingredients in one cup.
The result is a dense chocolate cake. Additional flavors can be added.
- 1 Microwave safe coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Small splash of vanilla extract or cinnamon flavoring
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips or other topping (optional)
- Add flour, sugar and baking cocoa to mug and mix together.
- Break the egg into the cup and stir so that is is completely mixed – then stir it in to the dry ingredients.
- Add milk and oil and mix well until all ingredients are mixed together and batter is smooth.
- Add in vanilla or other flavorings along with any chocolate chips.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 1 ½ to 3 minutes depending on microwave brand. Average time is 2 minutes. If separating into smaller bowls cook for less time – 1 ½ minutes.
- Allow mug to cool and tip over onto a plate.
- Mix cake batter in bowl and separate into smaller microwave-safe bowls for more than one serving.
- Add other ingredients such as peanut butter chips, pepermint candies, chocolate chips, coconut. Note: Marshmallows didn’t work out too well for me:(.
- Easy recipe that can be used for a Tea Party Birthday Theme. With guidence, children can mix their own mini chocolate cakes.