Chinese New Year Lights
Chinese New Year crafts for kids. This craft also includes a pattern for six Chinese Symbols that children can trace on to a clear cup to make Chinese New Year Lights. Place the cup over a battery operated candle to give the soft glow of a real candle.
- Clear solo 9oz cup
- Black permanent marker
- Scraps of red tissue paper
- Craft glue
- Paint brush
- Gold garland (Christmas garland)
- Battery operated candle
- Chinese Symbols Pattern – printout includes Faith, Hope, Love, Friendship, Luck, courage, Peace and Wisdom
- Cut apart the 8 Chinese symbols or characters and tape the one you would like to use inside of the clear cup.
- Use the black marker to trace the Chinese charactor on the outside of the cup and allow a few minutes for it to dry. If a mistake is made, wipe the cup clean with a little rubbing alcohol.
- Once you are satisfied with the Chinese character that you have drawn, remove the paper and tape from inside the cup.
- Place a small amount of craft glue on a small plate and add a few drops of water to slightly dilute the glue.
- Brush the inside of the cup with the glue and attach the scraps of red tissue paper.
- Take a small amount of the gold garland (about 2″) and curl it into a circle. Glue the garland to the bottom of the cup as shown.
- Once dry place the cup, rim side down over a small battery operated candle.
Tagged with: chinese characters chinese lights chinese symbols