No matter what the year shows, the dragon is always an important symbol for the Chinese New Year. Children will have fun being creative with this Chinese Dragon Puppet. Use materials that you have on had to decorate the puppet. This example used petals from a silk flower for the mane and holiday ribbon for the dragon’s fiery breath.
- White printer paper
- Printable dragon image
- Craft glue
- Brown paper bag
- Markers or crayons
- Items to decorate with – silk flower petals, ribbons, felt, tissue paper
- Select the printable dragon image to print. Note: Two dragons print per page.
- Color the dragon’s face with markers or crayons.
- Cut the dragon out.
- Select items to glue to the bottom of the paper bag.
- Once the background items are glued in place, add the dragon’s face to create the Chinese Dragon Puppet.